A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s computer, smartphone or tablet when accessing certain websites in order to store and retrieve information about the browsing carried out on the said equipment. However, these cookies do not provide us information on the user’s name, nor on any other personal data, but are used solely for purposes of performance, security and statistics. The cookies we use cannot read data on your computer or read the data contained in other cookies. If you like, you can configure your browser to inform you when you are about to receive a cookie. If a user decides not to accept these cookies, this will not prevent them from accessing the information on www.meteosim.com.
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data when a user logs on to the private area of www.meteosim.com. This cookie expires at the end of the session and is erased from the user’s computer.
- Persistent Cookies: These are a type of cookie in which data continues to be stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the entity in charge of the cookie. This can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Technical Cookies: These allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services contained therein, such as by controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, allowing access to parts with restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, enabling the purchasing process of an order, enabling users to sign up to or take part in an event, using security elements during a session, storing content for playing videos or sound, or enabling the sharing of content on social media websites.
- Personalisation Cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general, predefined features according to a set of criteria on the user’s device, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, and so on.
- Analytical Cookies: These enable the entity managing the cookies to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to create usage profiles for their users in order to make improvements based on the analysis of service-user data.
Section 29’s Working Group, in its Ruling: 4/2012, decided that among the cookies exempt from the fulfilment of the obligations set forth in article 22.2 of the LSSI, are those used only to enable communication between the user’s device and the network, and those used strictly to provide a service expressly requested by the user, including the following:
- “User input” cookies
- User identification or authentication cookies (only session cookies)
- User security cookies (for example to detect repeated failed attempts to connect to a website)
- Media player session cookies
- Load-balancing session cookies
- User interface personalisation cookies
- Plug-in cookies for exchanging social media content
Session and user-input cookies are often used to track users’ actions when filling in online forms on multiple pages, or as a shopping basket to keep track of the items the user has selected by pressing a button.
If users withdraw their acceptance of the cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of certain services which they have expressly requested, they won’t be able to view or receive content and services properly from www.meteosim.com.